Ableton Live gives us access to new ways of understanding music, performance, DJing, and recording. To fully utilize the Ableton Live you need a basic understanding of the core functionality of the program. This course will teach you everything you need to know to wield the power of Ableton Live. We will give you complete control over Warp Markers, Session View, navigating the browser, recording, editing, and more.
Learn about each feature in Ableton live through practical and creative projects. Not only learn how to use parameters, but learn how to use them to further your creative goals.
Learn all the core concepts of Ableton Live step by step.
Watch practical examples of teaching Ableton Live in your class with Ableton Certified Trainers.
Take the guess work out of writing your class curriculum and make the class prep next to instantaneous. This course is a one stop shop to get your class up and running.
- What is Ableton Live?
- Intro and Overview of Live
- Navigating Ableton Live
- Building Blocks of Live
- Tracks in Ableton Live
What are Clips Overview
- Controlling Timing
- How to look at Timingin music with Ableton Live
- Time Sig.
- Fitting Audio together with Warping
- DJing with Ableton Live Activity
- Deeper Control with Clip Box
- Editing Audio with the Clip Box
- Clip Box Navigation
- Volume, Transpose, Loop Length
- Recording Audio
- Setting up your Sound Card
- Routing with i/o in Live
- Example of recording in Live using external gear
- Simple Editing with Warp markers
- Recording New Parts – MIDI
- What is MIDI?
- How MIDI working in Live
- Recording MIDI with the keyboard or MIDI Controller
- Simple Midi Editing and Writing in MIDI by hand
- Scale, Chord, and Quantization
- Writing Chords and Melodies in Live
- Taking Control with MIDI Mapping
- How to map a MIDI Controller in Live
- MIDI Map Mode
- Music Production with Arrangement View
- Linear Production and Non Linear
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Arrangement View
- Navigating Arrangement View
- Locator Bar
- Arrangement Looping
- Folding Tracks and Groups
- Extending Clips
- Clip Fades
- Arrangement vs Session View
- Overview of Linear and non linear editing in Live
- Editing in Session View
- Shaping the Sounds with Effects
- Adding this with effects
- Dropping in Effects from the browser
- Draw in automation with Envelopes
- Looping envelopes and un locked
- Recording Automation Live with Session Record
- Creating and Changing Presets
- Changing an Effect
- Saving it as a Preset
- User Library and Live’s Library
- Changing an INstrument
- Audio Effect Racks
- Instrument Effects Racks
- Access to a computer. It can be either Mac or PC.
- Broadband internet connection.
- A working copy of Live 9. Live Standard or Suite is recommended, although almost all of the course can be done with Live 9 Intro.
- Headphones or studio monitors.
- A MIDI keyboard controller is recommended, but not required.
Online Courses – Getting Started
[colorful_faq cat=”online-courses-getting-started” items=”-1″]